Watch my Performance in the Candidate Forum! (And Pie?!)
This evening I participated in a candidate forum with the four other people who are seeking to fill the vacancy in the Maryland House of Delegates from District 15.
Step 1: WATCH
There were 9 Questions. See my answers below:
- Provide a brief introduction of who you are, why you are running for office, and why you believe that you are the best candidate.
- Watch my answer. (3:14)
- What are your top three legislative priorities?
- Watch my answer. (2:33)
- How will you reach out to your constituents in both the UpCounty and the DownCounty, and balance their diverse interests?
- Watch my answer. (3:36)
- What will you do to help families that have been hard hit by COVID? Do you support the passage of the Time to Care Act ? Do you support (paid medical and family leave), fair work hours, expanded subsidies for childcare and universal preK?
- Watch my answer (1:36)
- What will you do to improve the business climate in Maryland and retain and attract new businesses?
- Watch my answer. (1:31)
- What will you do to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels? What will you do to support the development of wind power off our coast, solar power, and protect land outside of the agricultural reserve?
- Watch my answer. (1:33)
- What will you do to increase the amount of affordable housing? How will you assist renters? Would you consider zoning reforms ? If so, what reforms?
- Watch my answer. (2:15)
- Do you support the Governor’s P3 plan to expand the Beltway and 270? If not, what would you change or modify to improve roads and reduce congestion in D15?
- Watch my answer. (2:03)
- Provide a closing Statement. (2:00)
- Watch my answer. This is one where I referenced pie! 😎😎😎😎
You can watch the full 99-minute recording of the forum — including the answers from all the other candidates — here.
Step 2: URGE
If after watching the forum, you think I was the best candidate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know and urging them to appoint me. Please make sure the email is polite, respectful and concise. Please bcc email@example.com.
Step 3: GIVE
If you like my performance in the forum and you would like to see someone with my ideas in the Maryland House of Delegates, please drop me a donation by clicking here.